Eurosport without sky?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So...at the moment i have Sky, but as i'm moving soon (and a tight arse) i've decided to cancel my sky subscription!
Can anyone tell me, if i keep the box and dish, if it would be possible to still watch anything (eurosport in particular) through the system?

Sponsored Links
dont know exactly what you get, but it will resort to a freesat from sky system, a quick gogle should give you the channel line up, but I seriously doubt you will get any sports channels.

We have a "free to air" card in one of our satellite boxes. I can tell you that as far as sports go you won't get that much.

All the Sky Sports are subscription - as you'd expect, but also the following channels are subscription only...

Eurosport UK
Eurosport2 UK
Motors TV
At the Races
ESPN
Extreme Sports
ESPN Classic
ESPN America
Racing UK

I think you'll get Primetime, MSK, MSK Extra.... that's about it unless you count in the sport on the regular channels such as BBC and ITV.

Thanks for the info,
I didn't even think about freesat, thought it would cost too much :D
But i was really after Eurosport, so i could watch the cycling!!

Sponsored Links
Eurosport with English soundtrack can be watched free of charge on the Astra satellite at 19.2 degrees East the old analogue Sky position. You will need a 60cm dish with universal LNB at a push in good weather a Minidish will suffice and get hold of an old Analogue satellite reciever from eBay or a car boot.
An old ex Sky box will have the channel frequency pre tuned for Eurosport make sure you buy a latter model not somthing like an early Amstrad SRX.
The Analogue Eurosport should be up there until 2012 at least.

Eurosport with English soundtrack can be watched free of charge on the Astra satellite at 19.2 degrees East the old analogue Sky position. You will need a 60cm dish with universal LNB at a push in good weather a Minidish will suffice and get hold of an old Analogue satellite reciever from eBay or a car boot.
An old ex Sky box will have the channel frequency pre tuned for Eurosport make sure you buy a latter model not somthing like an early Amstrad SRX.
The Analogue Eurosport should be up there until 2012 at least.

Nice one, just what i was after, many thanks :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back