Even the Spectator putting the knife into Bojo?

Ah test n trace

Matt Hancock chose to blame on people: "how rude, people using our test facilities"
Govt scientist blamed it on supply side: "it's the labs fault"

We are so lucky to have a govt where nothing is ever their fault,

Sponsored Links
Well I still think Gove would lead better than Bojo. I was not a fan of Gove education reforms - I understood his sentiment but disagreed with his policy prescription.
Would the public take Gove seriously after Harry Enfield took the **** out of him.

DxjVaXnXcAEjOjl.jpg

Matt Hancock chose to blame on people: "how rude, people using our test facilities"
Govt scientist blamed it on supply side: "it's the labs fault"

We are so lucky to have a govt where nothing is ever their fault,
I think Matt Hancock has got the wrong end of the stick. He's blaming the shortage of testing availability on people without symptoms having tests. o_O

He said only those with symptoms should requests tests. :confused:
I can see the benefit of the government knowing where the hot spots for the virus are.
But, another way of looking at it is, if you have symptoms. you self-isolate. Why bother with a test?
If you don't have symptoms you could still have the virus but you don't know about it, thus you are spreading it around.

So, wouldn't it be a better strategy to test those without symptoms, hopefully identifying some of the asymptomatic carriers, and reducing the spread of the virus. At the same time request all those with symptoms to self-isolate.
I suspect there are at least as many asymptomatic carriers, if not more than there are symptomatic, virus infected people.

If the government want to know where the hot spots for the virus are, surely the alternative method of testing asymptomatic people will also yield the same results.

But, another way of looking at it is, if you have symptoms. you self-isolate. Why bother with a test?
If you don't have symptoms you could still have the virus but you don't know about it, thus you are spreading it around.

I thought exactly the same, when Hand Cock came out with his codswallop yesterday.

But then again, I wouldn't expect great things from him anyway ; he looks like a bed wetter to me :cautious:

Sponsored Links
cant believe i'm saying this, but i agree with bobby.

everyone should be able to be tested whether showing symptoms or not, its a much better way to know where the hotspots are, the asymptomatic people are probably those you want to find as they spread it the most

I wouldn't expect great things from him

Poor Boris is fishing in a very shallow pool of talent, because the experienced, competent intelligent members of his party with minds of their own have resigned, been sacked, deselected, demoted, or retired to the Lords.

All he has left are his hardcore of rabid Brexers and weak people who are obedient to Cummings and will pretend to be rabid Brexers.

Can you imagine a government where the Chancellor of the Excheqeur loses his position because he won't kowtow to an unelected advisor with bad eyesight?

everyone should be able to be tested whether showing symptoms or not, its a much better way to know where the hotspots are, the asymptomatic people are probably those you want to find as they spread it the most
How often?

How often?
It depends on several factors, testing capacity (currently about 1,000,000 per week) individuals activity within society, nature of work, etc.

We can assume that a fair proportion of the population is not particularly socially active, and would not require periodic testing. Whereas front line workers would require more frequent testing.

But as asymptomatic people are detected, and symptomatic people are self-isolating, one would expect some progress to be made.

(Half)-listening to PMQs today.

Are my ears deceiving me, or did Ian Blackford ask Bozza to retract a third statement made about him, in as many weeks?

Politics is a dirty business always has been
It's full. Of disloyal. Back stabbers and scheisters

Loyalty :LOL:

All parties are the same except some in here have got there eads or choose to have there eads up there back sides :LOL:

Thatcher
May
Duncan Smith

Than there was

Callaghan
Foot
Corbyn

All back stabbed and s*** on by there own party members

Blair dis owned by his own party

:LOL:

Johnson will go the sane way

Starmer is not immune from it ;)