Excel spreadsheet to record tests - worlds most expensive spreadsheet

Excel is used everywhere. With that widespread use comes widespread misuse. If you ever talk to anyone who has worked on help desk in IT if they've seen a cockup due to misuse of Excel they will have a story. Although it's probably dull so don't actually ask.

The use of it to collate data is several massive no-nos. It isn't meant to do that and it's not good at it. It has a bad habit of mangling input data and isn't supported for automated use when there isn't a human watching the screen because well, see above.

Oh

Well they need to sort them selves out

Sponsored Links
I think it's fair to say they laid themselves off.
Not on this, because none of this is related to the NHS.

The NHS labs use a different pathway for their data to be imported into PHEs database. That's presumably why there were any positive results detected. PHE isn't part of the NHS so again, not involved.

You might as well complain that transam should have done a better job on it, because he's just as involved.

(I'm very disappointed in you transam, do better)

Sponsored Links
I think it's fair to say they laid themselves off.

Not on this, because none of this is related to the NHS.

The NHS labs use a different pathway for their data to be imported into PHEs database. That's presumably why there were any positive results detected. PHE isn't part of the NHS so again, not involved.

Perhaps PHE are working from home?

man-on-phone.jpg

They're incapable of performing their core duties because in an act of self preservation, they've effectively shut down.

If that's true, then it's a government directive.

Still the fault of Tory govt.

But hey right wing supporters are used to blaming the failings of their beloved party elsewhere.

NHS
Benefit scroungers
EU
Immigrants
People in boats
Barnier
The French
The Germans

They're incapable of performing their core duties because in an act of self preservation, they've effectively shut down.

If that's true, then it's a government directive.

Still the fault of Tory govt.

According to the recorded message at my doctor's practice, their decision to close was made by their local group; no mention of government.

According to the recorded message at my doctor's practice, their decision to close was made by their local group; no mention of government.
I'd expect your local CCG to have found another surgery to cover things as best they can. Might be worth a call.

The practice is probably an independent company/partnership that provides a GP service. Nearly all GPs are after all. But I believe their contracts say things about levels of service and when the unexpected happens the CCG should be able to organise the spreading of the load.

It's probably run by Centene a US private healthcare company.

Used extensively in the NHS
Some NHS doctor ssid so on the radio

Get a grip ffs

Hahahah

You're such a dumbo you don't even know what you are saying.

For a guy who doesn't vote you do support the Tories - you must be a sucker for punishment.

Excel is used everywhere. With that widespread use comes widespread misuse. If you ever talk to anyone who has worked on help desk in IT if they've seen a cockup due to misuse of Excel they will have a story. Although it's probably dull so don't actually ask.

The use of it to collate data is several massive no-nos. It isn't meant to do that and it's not good at it. It has a bad habit of mangling input data and isn't supported for automated use when there isn't a human watching the screen because well, see above.

It's quick and dirty and used in the front office. Its juggling knives until you catch the blade.

In fact I've seen it used for managing projects. :eek:

I find it hard to understand why they didnt use a database to do it.

surely covid test data cant require many fields.

Sponsored Links
Back