Expansion tank leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, wonder if i can get any advice with my central heating issue?
My expansion tank overflows very slightly, (dripping) while the heating is on. I have checked the stop cock which is ok and re-adjuster the water level to a lower position but the water level has crept back up by about an inch causing the level to pass through the overflow outlet? any suggestions or is this normal? i have a condensing boiler feeding 9 radiators. :oops:

Sponsored Links
Is the float valve leaking?

Did you set the level to about 100 mm cold???

Does the warning outlet allow 200 mm increase in level?

Those things first!

Others may follow!

Tony

Hi Tony, thanks for taking the time to answer my query?

The float valve is not leaking as the overflow only drips after the heating has been on a while and not when the heating is off.

Regarding the next two questions i think you have given me the answer as the expansion tank outlet is 200 mm from the base? The level is about 100 mm cold.
The tank measures 280 mm WD x 430 mm LG x only 300 mm Tall?
I have a feeling that the tank is not big enough to allow for the expansion on the system as i am only left with 100mm for expansion? Would you agree and do you know what size roughly the expansion tank should be?
Regards, Colin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back