Exposed waste for freestanding bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi the chrome exposed plug & chain waste I have bought for our bath is not at the right angle for the bath and consequently i'm having trouble fitting it. I know there is a tool for bending copper pipes, would this work on a chrome pipe and if so what is it called? Can I hire one out or would it be cheaper to ask a plumber if he could bend it to the right angle?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
more than likely they have sent the wrong waste kit, check with your supplier before trying to "make" it fit.

it's not one specificly for that bath, most suppliers only seem to sell one type of exposed waste (as either plug or pop up) so there must be a way of adjusting it as not all freestanding baths will be the same.

It is difficult to bend chrome plated copper in a pipe bender, as the chrome tends to split spoiling the effect.

Have you seen these;
http://www.classicalbaths.co.uk/cla..._code&item_type=image&category=3&cat10=1&v1=1

When we fit freestanding baths (and thankfully, that is an extremely rare occurrence) we make sure the supplier of the bath can procure all the accessories. Time is money when you are messing around with poncy sanitaryware. I take it your bath did not come from normal distribution channels?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Simon, i'll try to find one at the right angle and will leave bending it as a last resort. I got the bath on ebay at a bargin price but it's just my luck that this was one of the few baths by the manufacture that has a unique downpipe, all the other baths can use the same kit but his one should be supplied with it's own pipe. I did save about 600 quid though so i'm hoping I can buy the pipe direct from them though they don't appear to sell it seperately.

If I do need to resort to bending the pipe, what sort of ball park figure should it cost.

Many thanks

For a cheeper option I know Mc Alpine make what you are looking for but its white plastic. You can get snap on chrome effect covers from your local B&Q

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back