extending a ring main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please confirm that extending a ring main by the use of 2 30amp junction boxes in no longer allowed, in terms of the building regulations, i need to extend an existing ring main to a new extension, the problem i have is i don't really want to damage the walls by putting in the new cable by tapping into the last socket. Is there a trick that the experts do that i have over looked

Sponsored Links
I believe that as long as the JB's are placed such that they can be easily inspected, then there is nothing to stop you from extending the ring in such a way.

Nothing wrong with using JB's but keep them accessible for test/inspecting at a later date.

You can use crimps & heatshrink, use a ratchet crimptool on the crimps. Then the connections do not need to be kept accessible

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back