Extending fibre broadband into the garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we’ve just had Gigaclear fibre fitted to our small village and it’s great. it came with 2 x Linksys Velop mesh units and we have the main one where the internet comes into the lounge and the other along the landing to boost signal in the back bedrooms.

Ideally we’d like to extend it to both corners in the garden, the garden is approx 18m deep. One corner will be decked, the other a small summer house will be built, with power to it

What options do I have please to extend the Wi-Fi signal? (I’m a technophobe by the way)

Sponsored Links
also the link from special k is for a wireless n spec unit. this will provide max speeds of 80mbps, which you may find disappointing with your new gigaclear service depending on your package. the AC1200 will provide in the region of 350-500mbps, depending on the client device.

Sponsored Links
Whoops - I didn't realise they made a few models of that one! I run the internal EAP225 and its been great..

also the link from special k is for a wireless n spec unit. this will provide max speeds of 80mbps, which you may find disappointing with your new gigaclear service depending on your package. the AC1200 will provide in the region of 350-500mbps, depending on the client device.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back