Extension Estimate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm buying a house which I'd like to extend out at the back about 4m. I'd like a 1 storey extension with a sloping or flat roof. The entire footprint would be about 16m/2. I can do all the internals like plastering plumbing and electrics as I'm a qualified electrician.

How much do you think all this would be inc 2 x skylights and double patio door exc internals obviously.

Cheers

Nb How much for a new roof on my house as well!

Attachments

• IMG_20180911_115217.jpg
    IMG_20180911_115217.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 447
Sponsored Links
My neighbours just had their roof done, similar size to yours, about £5000 for new felt, battens, tiles and dry ridge’s.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

Having thought about it further I've got a few more questions that you maybe you could help me with?

I thought as a further money saving step I could dig and ay the foundations myself. Looking at the site though I realise it's on terraced land. To the left of the picture the foundations would have to be dug into what is a wall of earth with only the lean to, to the side providing horizontal support. I don't know what kind of foundations it has. Do you think the foundations to my extension would need to be dug down to the same depth as the neighbours?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back