Exterior electric meter box - mandatory?

100% chances are you will be required to install a 32mm duct from outside to the new position, DNOs cannot joint cables in a property to extend them.
Am I right in assuming that such a duct could not go round lots of corners in the way the OP seems to be suggesting on his plan? Does the duct have to be entirely underground (or buried in floor) or can some of it be above floor level (which, again, is what the OP seems to be suggesting)?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
The requirement would be for it to be .45m underground and finishing in a vertical section below where the cut-out would be, certainly surface fixing would not be permitted apart for a short vertical section below the cut-out

The requirement would be for it to be .45m underground and finishing in a vertical section below where the cut-out would be, certainly surface fixing would not be permitted apart for a short vertical section below the cut-out
Thanks. That's what I thought - which, if I understand correctly (which is far from certain!!), is probably very different from what the OP was considering/proposing/hoping. As I said (and I presume you would agree) I think he needs to have a conversation with his DNO at an early stage.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
On an existing house it isn't mandatory (well in this DNO) to have outdoor viewing installed.
Not sure if that is the same everywhere?

I think that here (Southern Electric) it is mandated if the service is moved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back