Outside Electric Meter Box Options?

G

gcltd

Hi, I'm arranging for our meter to be moved from the garage to the front of the house outside.

We are having a gas meter also moved and these have a floor mounted meter so its not stuck on the brick work.

Is there a option like this for the electrics? or do we need to have the white plastic box ont the wall?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
It must be wall mounted. You can have a flush mounted box which IMO don't look too bad.

Hi, I'm arranging for our meter to be moved from the garage to the front of the house outside.

We are having a gas meter also moved and these have a floor mounted meter so its not stuck on the brick work.
You say "I'm arranging", and "we are having", but are these firm plans in place having had the quotes from the suppliers who are doing the moves, or just what you think are firm intentions because you really want them moved?

I ask because if it's the latter you may find that discussion of meter box options become moot once you find out how much moving those meters will cost....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back