External BT cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I know it's unlikely but I would like to avoid a potential thief seeing my alarm and cutting the main BT wire that enters my house i.e. disabling my phone connection.

This cable attaches to the house high up but then trails down one side of before entering - it is this cable run I would like to protect. It doesn't need to be bullet proof - just enough to prevent a single snip with a pair of wire cutters.

Any suggestions (without internally re-routing the cable) or making it too obvious?

Many thanks
Ian

Sponsored Links
dont worry about it.

its most unlikely a thief who is going for a house will bother with the phone cable.

If your alarm is installed by a company and is connected to an Alarm Recieving Centre there should be a line fault monitor enabled at your end

and if you are realy that worried you could use this but i wouldn't. (How will BT get to the cable if they need to)

Or get BT Red-Care or similar ;)

This monitors the phone line.

It may be a tad expensive, and does require the install to comply....

Sponsored Links
I've taken mine through the eves into the loft. Put the master up there next to the hatch and dropped down through the airing cupboard to slaves where needed.

(Don't think the BT engineer would be impressed)

SNM the OP did say

without internally re-routing the cable

icon_edit.gif

icon_edit.gif

icon_edit.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back