Move Phone Cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The BT line enters my house next to my front door and goes straight into a small rectangular white box with no sockets. This box is about the size of a matchbox.

From this a cable goes under the carpet to my phone socket where my phone is plugged in.

Im having a wooden floor put down and want to move this cable.

is this possible?
do I have to contact Bt

what is the little white box?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The 'little white box' is where the incoming external cable terminates and is joined to internal cable to serve the socket.

Strictly speaking you should get BT to re-run the cable, at a cost, unless you feel particularly competent to DIY. Bear in mind if you do DIY and get it wrong you will probably end up calling out BT which could then cost you anyway.

That must be quite old as there is usually a master socket fitted ...& not on cable under a carpet.
It might be worth asking BT if they would fit an NT5 master for free, but if not it is easy to replace the cable under the carpet with a new one by opening the "match box" and noting which terminals it is connected to.
Do the same with the master socket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back