External Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to add 2 more security lights to an existing circuit via a junction box,when i add cables in the existing light stays on.
When i bypass the box and go straight to switch the switch works but both new cables become live,any clues.The existing light is earthed,but the new ones are double insulated would that make a difference?
i'm using 1.5mm cable.

Sponsored Links
you need to connect the new lights in paralell to the incoming live neutral and earth.

although your new lights are double insulated, you still need an earth at the light in case you change the light. you should sleave the earth and put a single choc bloc on it.

also i should assume these lights are a minimum of 300w, they should be fed from an FCU supplied from the socket ring

1.5 cable to the lights is fine

actually there IS a drawing in for refernce, although it has choc blocs it does show how its done

wall-lights.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back