External Masonry Paint Options?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All - My external pebbledashed walls were painted using Sandtex Masonry paint about 5yrs ago and now looks tired. When researching the job I have been recommended 'Silicone Facade' as a potential paint which lasts 20yrs!
I am not easily swayed by its 'energy saving properties', but am keen to establish whether its 20yr lifespan is valid.

Anyone with experience of this product willing to offer any advice on its pros/cons?

Cheers - Doug

Sponsored Links
Somehow I doubt this stuff has been around 20 yrs so no-one will be in a position to comment on that. I'm also very sceptical about the references to EN and BS, plus the website designer should be shot for spelling mistakes .. doesn't portray a very professional outfit in my view. They are also inconsistent in their references to thermal performance values.

Dirt is always likely to get trapped on pebbledash so I doubt this treatment will prove to be any better over time.

Stick to known brands and don't waste your hard-earned.

Using bedec masonary paint on a job at the moment and its covering very well. I doubt there's a paint ever been made that could handle 20 years of british summers and winters

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back