External render and quions help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all new to this so bear with me:
I am going to render a concrete block porch I have, but want to form cement quions (cornerstones) and cut them by hand when green. Similar to what I seen on utube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfSwVu5wyEY

Just to let you understand what i want to do,
questions,
I have done scratch coat with a SBR/cement slurry first, waterproofed and add SBR to scratch coat as well, all looking good, fitted bellcasts PVC fine, but when I tried to plaster on quions once I got to desired thickness , i ran into trouble weight of render plastered began to come off, so had to remove what I started. Any ideas.
I thought adding Feb Fibremix to lighten the load not sure if this would work ?

I have also looked at a product called Decorend lightwieght product you just add water maybe some feedback on this would be grateful. www.decorend.co.uk

Other products i am looking at is Parex thickoperrie T.

i would prefer to use something with a colour in it as, I am intending to do the main house to match and adding colours to cement I know is hard to colour match.
Easy option is finish in grey and paint with santex smooth ( Not what I really want to do)

Back to job in hand.
Want to plaster quions prefinished in stone colour.
rest will be something like K-Render top one coat with a smooth textured finish in magnolia or similar 10mm rubbed down to 8 mm

Would appreciate feedback from you pro's, I ain't a plasterer but have down quite a bit over 20 years but not render. (wood butcher)

Sponsored Links
why not use a monocouche render coulerd render for the quions and render its easy this way as its all cut out the same gear?>>>>>im the daddy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back