External Render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently bought a property that is suffering from damp in a few areas. the main cause for this is the external render of the property.

The front of the house is fine however the rear of the house ideally needs to be redone.

Its an old victorian style property with stone brickwork.

Getting in a damp surveyor I was told that it would need to be rendered ideally with something called K-Rend which is fairly costly, adding labour to it even more so.

Now I don't plan on doing this myself as that would be insane, dangerous and it would certainly work out worse than it is now. However I do have family that can do this for me, the issue being they are foreign, don't speak English or have any clue in what materials are required (Brand speaking) here in the UK.

I have been informed I need some form of Polymer Modified Mortar and standard sand/cement will not do due to the build of the property and lack of durability.

So the question really is, what sort of material/brand etc do I need to look for here? Ideally I want some idea before they come over for the week and we end up panicking and not finding anything suitable.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back