Rendered External Walls – What to Expect?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First off apologies for what I’m sure is a stupid question/questions, however I need some help in identifying if a couple of recently rendered walls I have done are up to scratch (so to speak)

I have recently had the corners of my house rendered. The previous block work was looking tired and the survey I had when buying the property identified that this would require rendering (to prevent damp etc).

The work was carried out and I was initially very pleased (looked miles better then the tired old block work, although I guess this wouldn’t be hard). However I have just had another guy around to do some work inside the house and he pointed out a number of faults with the rendering work that I have had done.

I guess what I am trying to get answered is what should I expect with regards to damp proofing the lowest point of the render? What kind of finish should I expect? Parts of the finish seem to be quite sandy, these have subsequently been painted and has left the wall looking patchy is this normal?

Again apologies for the vague/stupid nature of this post, but as you can see I have no idea.

Also I relaise that its diffcult with out viewing but what kind of price should I have looked at paying to have had to external wall corners rendered. (plain, nothing fancy). Hindsight etc......

Cheers for any help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back