Rendering; what are my options?

6 Sep 2008
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I have a house wall that is external, but only in the sense that an external wall inside a conservatory is. What you can see as you look at the wall is the outside face of timber frame panels, so osb covered in a breather membrane.

I want this wall to be smooth rendered so I guess I need to line it with some kind of board and render that (can't render the breather directly so I'll probably need to stand the over boarding off by use of battens) and I'm wondering what my options are

Any boards out there that can be rendered to directly? Or perhaps a mesh that I can fix to ply/osb? Other options?

Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Perhaps a photo of what you have?

I thought I'd described what I have? A wooden wall that needs battening and overboarding with something and then that something is rendered.. The external version of plasterboard and skim, was what I was imagining.. My query is how to get the render to stick well to the board.. Either directly (because the sheet material is designed for direct rendering) or by use of some kind of mesh?
Sponsored Links
Cement board/wood render board expanded metal lath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local