EWI on to SIPS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Looking for some assistance on wall build up for a SIPS systrem (I am using the Kingspan TEK system if that helps). The outside of the SIPS panel have been wrapped with a breather membrance and are then to be clad with 50mm rockwool, which will then be rendered using something like EWI silicone render.

The EWI instructions for a rockwool build-up involve using their basecoat adhesives to stick the rockwool to the substrate, which in this case would be OSB coevred with breather membrane. My question is whether there is any point in using the adhesive on the breather membrane, and whether i could just omit the adhesive and just use mechanical fixings/washers?

My concerns are 1.) that the adhesive may stick to the breather membrane, but this serves no prupose as the breather membrane is just stapled to the OSB; and 2; the breather membrane is a technical material and the use of the adhesive will 'clog' the membrane and prevent moisture escaping (even though the adhesive is advertsied as breathable).

Any thoughts or methods that have worked well in the past would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back