External rendering on ply or ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all can anyone advise me please
I have a House of which has shiplap under the windows I was going to remove the shiplap and framing behind and block and render it! I was thinking this is a lot of work as I would have to fit lintels above the windows to support the upper block work.
I so would it be easeyer to renew the rotten internal frame replace the shiplap with ply and render on top of the ply or is there something better to use? or is it better to block and render ?

Sponsored Links
just seen same at our neighbours place, the workers put insulation in, ply, mesh and then coloured render that is finsihed in stones effect. only took 2 days.I can take a photo if you want

Sponsored Links
just seen same at our neighbours place, the workers put insulation in, ply, mesh and then coloured render that is finsihed in stones effect. only took 2 days.I can take a photo if you want
If you don't mind taking a photo I would like to see the finnish. I have blocked grown floor now but there is no lintel above window to block off of on the first and second floor, It would not look right if I put lintels in as building constructed out of irregular faces blocks

regards

I have seen (in Switzerland) where dense white insulation was bolted to exterior walls, followed by some kind of fibreboard that was rendered or painted with a thick textured coating.

I don't know what the insulation was, looked like it might have been foamed polyethylene. Was dense white with tiny bubbles.

It was done on new builds where the shell was 100mm ish RC.

It was done above ground floor level (I assume to avoid impact damage)

Hi sub, I have found the company on YOUTUBE, search Decopierre they have different dealers all over Europe.

And a few in UK I think

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back