External sounder plus Sound Bomb, current question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Honywell AG6 external sounder and a quad sound bomb I want to run off an Accenta G4 panel.

The G4 book says Low voltage output up to 350mA

The Sound Bomb leaflet says 190mA

The AG6 manual says 260mA Max. Combined sounder and strobe.

So the total current required to run the 2 sounders is 450mA

I want to run both sounders. Is the low voltage output restricting the possibilty of this or am I looking at the wrong thing?

The external speaker output will run 2 speakers of 260mA each so I was expecting a bit more 'oomph' from the bell output.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
If this is what to book says then treat it as correct/maximum.
350mA is a little lower than I'd expect but they are rarely very high if OC transistors (I think Cooper's are often 500mA rated).

If you have multiple outputs you can use - find a spare and utilise that one.
You don't want to risk damage to your main output - after all the whole purpose of fitting the alarm is to be able to signal an intruder alert surely.

I'd suggest you will want to keep your running current in check compared with your available source - aka battery. If you've a tiny battery then available current will be low in order to maintain a decent backup duration. If you fit another large battery unit (and charger) you can run more devices/bells etc.

The LS will run two 16 ohm speakers.
The supply for the detectors is 350ma.
The bell output it protected by a 1 amp fuse, so guess what that can run.

Your not even halfway there with your loading.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back