extra row of tiles or lead apron

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I wondered if its possible to add an extra row of tiles at the top of the face of our dormer so that it matches the sides? If so is it a big job?
the face of the dormer has one less row of tiles at the top under the fascia and sofits.
I thought this might lead to water getting down behind the tiles and others on here have also suggested that is possible.
The builders say its not possible to add an extra row of tiles or a lead apron because there is nothing to fix it too.
I've attached pictures of the dormer during construction and finished.
There is scaffolding at the back again as they had to come back to fix the roof, so it would be good to get it done before the scaffolding is taken away.
The building inspector says it is fine so I'm in two minds whether to leave it alone or not.
Also, its been up for 6 months now and there is no sign of water ingress in the loft rooms or the rooms below.
I've attached images
thanks in advance for any advice
battens.jpg dormerFrontFinished.jpg dormerSideFinished.jpg

Sponsored Links
Without serious work I think you're too late on this one, it should have been done before the fascia and soffit went on.
As I said before it does have a slight chance of water ingress but in your favour it's very sheltered at the top there, rain would almost have to be coming upwards and there is a membrane behind which should keep out the small amount that might find its way in.
I would just put this one to bed now

thanks for the reassurance chappers, much appreciated. very happy to put this one to bed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back