Extractor fan ducting (hopefully simple question + confirmation)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, the guys that worked on my house previously put an extractor fan (MG100T I think) that just vented into the attic.
I'm trying to insulate now (yes they didn't put insulation down), and so I'm thinking that a ~90 degree turn + 100mm -> 110mmx54mm insulated solid rectangle ducting, coming out at the soffit of my roof (slight down angle to allow water to come out will do the trick (as well as a backdraught prevention fitting) due to the ease of placing the rectangle ducting...
The length of ducting from the angle turn to the soffit is about 50-60 cm (why the b*ds didn't put a wall vent in I'll never know).

My questions are:
1) Are my above thoughts "sound"?
2) I haven't found anything online about the fans being male/female for the ducting to connect to them. Do I want to buy a female circle 90 angle part or a male? .. I guess the fan should be male and the female goes over the top right?

Thanks for any+all help.

--
Whizz

Sponsored Links
All good, the venting is designed to fit standard fans though I would replace Manrose fan with better quality ( I have a had a high failure rate with that brand) with built in non return valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back