f11 code on Indesit W123S washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've done a bit of digging and have found that the fault code is drain fault. I just wondered if it is simply the pump or whether it is the PCB board - just hoping there is a sequence of checks.

It stops when it should drain and flashes 11 times with the dial clicking around, we turn it off and by the end of the day gravity has drained it. At this point we set it to spin and it does a short spin and the clothes come out dry (ish. )

I'm just wondering if the PCB is missing the drain mode or if the pump has definitely gone.

Cheers for any help.

Mark.

Sponsored Links
Just clean the filter out and check the waste pipe.

Hi Rocks1

yeh, I just pulled out the filter and it was completely empty. Took off the waste pipe and blew down it with a clean mouth piece- blew straight through and clearish water out.

Does this leave the pump? Or is there anything else?

cheers
Mark

Fill it with water then put it on pump out does it pump out very fast. Is the pump wires connected to the back of the pump.when it's empty remove the filter and look at the impeller does it spin round.

Sponsored Links
Hi again,

The machine won't settle on the drain mode, dial just keeps missing it.
We're currently relying on gravity to empty the water.... wires are connected.

Wife just got home and thinks it's time to give over tinkering, machine is pretty old and looks like we're getting a new one.

Thanks for your help though.

Mark.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back