facias and coax cable and windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just having some roof work done... spotted this evening:

1. the tv coax cable threaded under the facia. not a good idea imho, opinions welcome.

2. the facia over hangs the top of 2 windows slightly - have they used the wrong size facia board. from inside the house it notices that the facia board is lower than the brick work around the window by 1 to 2cm. I didn't expect to see it from inside and I correct.

guess i need to speak to them when they arrive tomorrow but opinions welcome - thanks

Sponsored Links
well is it standard practice to put the tv arial coax cable behind a facia board?
an like wise with facia board over the top of a window?

Sponsored Links
well the soffit should be level and the fascia will lip over it at the front making it 10mm lower than the top of the brick and the wire could enter the loft space in a few ways that wouldnt cause problems, it depends exactly how its been done, so pics would help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back