Failed Emmeti auto air vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The UFH manifold supplied with the UFH kit I purchased from Omnie 3 years ago is fitted with an Emmeti auto air vent. I've just discovered it is leaking from the grey screw, which is where the air is supposed to escape from.

Would you expect water to be leaking from these auto air vents?

Unfortunately, as it is installed in the bottom of a built-in wardrobe in a guest bedroom, next to the bathroom, which is where the UFH was installed, it wasn't discovered until I realised I had lost water pressure in the CH system and went searching for a leak. It has made a right mess of the carpet, underlay and flooring below the manifold and has probably been dripping for a couple of weeks now, since the weather got cooler and the UFH started working again.

Grrrrrr!!!!

Sponsored Links
Of course it's leaked it's a auto air vent!
Work of the devil we routinely fit manual ones when we can,
As a temporary fix screw the grey screw home tight.
To explain internally have a float and a needle valve bit of crap leak like a sieve.

Thanks Exedon, I have already screwed it tight to stop the leaking, but I'm deciding if I should bother replacing it, possibly with a better model, if such a thing exists.

I assume you are being sarcastic when you say of course it's leaked as I guess these things, if they worked properly, shouldn't leak?

The fact that it has leaked suggests to me that it has somehow failed. Is that a reasonable assumption?

I have a brass auto air vent on my Wunda manifold for the kitchen UFH and in 10 years that has never leaked!

Sponsored Links
Out of interest, would you class the Emmeti auto air vent or any other auto air vent, as a serviceable item?

I ask because Omnie have asked me if I have checked the vent for blockages and cleared it. I assume that would involve removing it from the manifold and taking it apart.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back