Fair price?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a quote for some plastering work. I've just had my living room and dining room knocked through and taken all the walls down to bare brick. Both rooms were around 3.2x3.5m (now with no adjoining wall and an RSJ that needs boxing in).

Been quoted just over a grand to dot and dab all walls, box in the RSJ and overboard both celings. Does this sound fair?

Sponsored Links
Both rooms were 3.2x3.5m so now you have something like 6.4x3.5M sized room.
Sounds a tad on the steep side, get some more quotes and reference and prove of the quality of work.

might be a tiny bit pricey but worth the extra if you like the guys and are happy they'll do a good job, not far off the mark, but like PBOD says, if you're unsure and have the time, get a comparison quote, but remember...cheapest isn't always best.

Ok. The guy that gave me the quote is a 'retired' plasterer, who still does the odd thing. I was given his number on recommendation. I'm going to get a couple of quotes in and see how they compare.

Sponsored Links
but remember...cheapest isn't always best.
agreed

That's why its worth having recommendations, references and a chance to view some of their previous work.
Your walls are going to get plastered less than once in a blue moon, so you want it right.
If they are a quality act, worth the bit extra.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back