Overboard existing dot and dab wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm turning my old kitchen into a dining room and have just removed the tiles from the plasterboard walls and this has causes quite a bit of damage which was to be expected. I am therefore looking to overboard the walls....is it ok to overboard walls that are dot/dab? If so can I screw the overboarded plasterboard to the current wall or do I need to use the dot and dab method?

Thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
I wouldn’t recommend it & you certainly cant rely on just screws to hold new boards to the old. What do you regard as “quiet a lot of damage” ?It may be that it can be repaired & re-skimmed, otherwise I’d take the boards down & start again; some pics would be useful.

I would not overboard on walls that have already been dot'n'dab, as the surface your are fixing to will be limited to the weight it can take.
Either repair the damage or replace the board.

Sponsored Links
Take the old stuff off and use new insulated board. Gas prices are rocketing so insulation is a brilliant idea.

can be a bit of a pain but good old hammer and bolster it off, as long as the radios on the time will soon fly :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back