Overboard dot and dabbed wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a section of wall - one under the cupboards in. Rather than spending money/time dealing with getting it perfect, as it’s to be painted - I was going to overboard.

Wall is an outside wall therefore dot and dabbed.

Obvs I can’t fix with screws - do I need to use dot and dab or can I just use something like gripfill ??

I’ve seen a few posts - but just wanted to confirm

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 1FDA2459-8CAE-49F9-8067-3F824E0A2FA9.jpeg
    1FDA2459-8CAE-49F9-8067-3F824E0A2FA9.jpeg
    279.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 3F7032B0-E1C5-4779-8095-1AE98CAF33FA.jpeg
    3F7032B0-E1C5-4779-8095-1AE98CAF33FA.jpeg
    248.8 KB · Views: 72
Sponsored Links
So overboard on existing dot and dab?

Plasterboard sitting on a worktop won’t be a neat finish, and even i& painted will be exposed to moisture in that part of a kitchen.

Whats the problem with tiling or skimming?

Blup

I will have upstands to cover the bottom.

I can plasterboard, I can’t plaster (so would have to pay someone) so thinking of the cheapest option :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply - what do you mean by fixing foam ??

I’m going to do the job tomorrow

He means something like that, works well I usually use it when boarding around windows.

You should be able to use short plasterboard screws on a dot and dab wall, 2 bits of 12.5mm board is 25mm and dot and dab always has a gap behind it so 25mm screws would be fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back