dot n dab or gripfill?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will gripfill (or similar) work OK for fixing plasterboard to a rendered wall which was outside but now inside a small extension?

or is it best to use dot n dab, both price wise, amount needed and for efficient bonding to the wall?
i have 3 boards to do at 2.1m x 1.2.

If dot n dab, is a large bucket needed for mixing enough for one sheet, or normal size bucket, and how long does it take to go off as you level the board?

the outer (new) walls im battening b4 boarding.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
There are few products that grab like dabbing compound.

Yes you will need a good bucket full.

It affords you plenty of fixing and plumbing time so don't fret about it going off suddenly.

I’d also go with pucker drywall adhesive. The tube stuff sounds good & many swear by it but being old fashioned, I don’t trust it; it’s also more expensive.

Sponsored Links
just worth pointing out, dri-wall adhesive doesn't like painted surfaces so consider this when choosing your preferred fixing

Thanks for your advice.

the wall is a rough concrete "splatter" render from when house was built in early 50s (not as big as pebble dash) with masonry paint on it, so hopefully that wont be a problem for adhesive.!

just waiting for a rain free saturday to collect the plasterboard, otherwise ill have to have it delivered midweek and pay delivery! Its a gd price at Covers at mo rather than BQ.!
was hoping to get it done before christmas....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back