Dot n dab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm going to be dot n dabbing my kitchen wall tomorrow. I've ply lined over the existing door an I'm gonna board straight across the wall.

Do I just butt the first board up to the wall t 90 degrees to form the internal corner?

I'm just after some hints, tips or advice about dot and dabbing please. Seen it done on site and them guys make it look easy but I realise they are pro's

Cheers guys

Sponsored Links
To answer your Q, yes do that, remember board in vertical position is usually best.
But there are a mass of other aspects to this work before you ever hang a board - Good Luck.

Sponsored Links
As long as it looks good after its skimmed then happy days!!!!

Whats going on with the sparks is that light switch going back on the wall id of used a shallow box and metal strip cover over the cable then D&D sorted!!!!!

Gonna put a double gang switch box on that un finished nib by the door. Today after setting over night there does appear to have a slight wave in the wall but its gonna get covered by a kitchen so should be ok... Pretty pleased overall, need to D+D that other bit to form my right angle now and complete the wall

Gonna put a double gang switch box on that un finished nib by the door. Today after setting over night there does appear to have a slight wave in the wall but its gonna get covered by a kitchen so should be ok... Pretty pleased overall, need to D+D that other bit to form my right angle now and complete the wall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back