dot and dab

1 Dec 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hello i have ripped out the kitchen
in a house i've just bought.
On one of the walls the dot and dabbed
plasterboard is coming off as obly
bonding coat has been usedbto stick it
rather than the proper stuff.

My question is can i just rip the bits which are blown
and dot and dab a new piece of board or does the whole
lot need pulling off?

Sponsored Links
Yes you can, I’d do a pretty much continuous dab around the edge of your new bit.
Bonding can (not saying it should) be used to dab board on, so wouldn’t normally expect it to fail.

does it need to be flush with the existing boards and skim or belowexisting skim so that the new bits can be

Sponsored Links
Flush if you’re re-skimming the whole wall, back by a couple of mill if youre patching and blending it in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local