dot and dab failing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all ive been dot and dabbing over brick after removing old plaster i pva walls but the boards are comming away from the dab but the dab is still on the walls the paper has ripped on the board where the dabs are do you think this is because of the cold or not thanks

Sponsored Links
Personally no.

We dabbed out most of our house in the really cold winter with no heating or insulation in the loft - the place was freezing - quite literally, and we've had no trouble at all.

How many blobs are you putting on/what do you think is the overall contact area once you have push the board against the wall?

Tom

i used siniat adhesive which i think used to be lafarge olso i put 8 dabs vertical and 4 dabs horazontal for 1 8x4 board

Sponsored Links
Bear with me
- was it mixed for a long time, or remixed?

-was it starting to go off a bit or have some lumps in it when using it?

-were the boards damp?

no none of them it was in date as well ive complained and im meeting a person from siniat at a local builders merchant to loo at the boards and adhesive on wed lets see what he says will post his comment on wed night thanks all most appretiated

Nothing wrong with the adhesive if it stuck to both the wall and the paper. The problem’s in the adhesion of the paper to the core of the board. What board did you use? What did the rep say?

Drill through the dabs, knock wall plug through and tighten up. Ten minute job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back