Fallen fence repair?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got this fence that has fallen due to the recent winds, simply put how do I go about repairing it?
IMG_7051.jpegIMG_7053.jpegIMG_7052.jpegIMG_7054.jpegIMG_7056.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Concrete repair spurs.

After setting them, you lift up the fence and bolt the old posts to them. Cut the rotten end off and position them so the timber post is not in contact with the ground (which is the cause of the rot leading to the break).

Resolve never again to put wood in the ground.

Metal supports are nowhere near as good.

Other support items are available. To be honest looking at that lot it all needs pulling down and replacing.

If you can afford it you need concrete posts with slots for the panels and put a gravel board in first so no wood touches the ground

Sponsored Links
Other support items are available. To be honest looking at that lot it all needs pulling down and replacing.
Agree

But once the spurs are in, he can fix new timber if and when he feels like it.

If you can afford it you need concrete posts with slots for the panels and put a gravel board in first so no wood touches the ground

Yes, the concrete gravel boards can be slightly sunk and stop weeds or animals getting through.

But leave hedgehog access in each corner, sides and back, at least

If you like, you can paint the concrete with dark masonry paint to blend it in. It also improves life of the concrete, especially on the tops, by reducing rain penetration.

Yes, the concrete gravel boards can be slightly sunk and stop weeds or animals getting through.

But leave hedgehog access in each corner, sides and back, at least

I had to leave badger and fox access holes or else they just destroy the new panels.

Sadly no hedgehogs here due to the badgers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back