Famous people

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have you ever met anyone famous? When I say met, I mean at least to exchange several sentences of conversation with them and not just seen them across a crowded bar or on the telly. My own list includes Whispering Bob Harris, Billy Idol and Tony James, Joe Strummer, Jimmy Nail, Gian Carlo Menotti and Happy Rockerfeller. I once shouted "albatross" at Terry Jones of Monty Python fame but as it wasn't really a conversation it doesn't count.

Sponsored Links
I once met Miss World, and spent the night in her bed.

If only she'd been there too...

Posted this before, but here we are -

I have met:

Graham Norton (twice)
Dave Lynn (from ch4's "Faking It")
Leslie Crowther (had lunch with him a few months before his accident)
Colin McAllister & Justin Ryan.

I have spoken on the phone to:

Natalie Imbruglia (handled a warranty claim for a Loewe Telly!)
Stirling Moss (I used to do tenant vetting and he owns property)

And, when I was born, on the Isle of Man, our next door neighbour was Francis Rossi! (Although I have no memory of ever seeing him, hardly surprising given that we moved when I was 8 months old!)

Not a bad set of claims to fame......

Sponsored Links
Graham Norton twice and Colin and Justin. Hmmmmmmm!:cool:

solo said:
Graham Norton twice and Colin and Justin. Hmmmmmmm!:cool:
I drove Colin & Justin's car!!

(about 50 yards around a corner, to park it, whilst working as night manager of a hotel)

ninebob said:
And, when I was born, on the Isle of Man, our next door neighbour was Francis Rossi! (Although I have no memory of ever seeing him, hardly surprising given that we moved when I was 8 months old!)
ninebob! you should get that memory problem sorted before it gets any worse. :LOL:
who was it again?

Isle of Man? That'll be the day (I knew Sandra)

Sponsored Links
Back