Fan going again?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Feroli Modena 102 combi and last year it kept cutting out. Diagnosis was a faulty fan and possibly pressure sensor. The boiler guy showed me what was happening as when he fully screwed the casing on you could hear the boiler trying to suck air in around the seal. Both were replaced and all seemed ok.

A week or so ago it started making the sucking sound again but it isn't cutting out.

Could a new fan pack in within a year, or at least is it likely?

It has a concentric flue so I'm not sure how I'd check if there was anything restricting the inbound air - is that easy to check?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
These boilers are terrible for flue/fan problems unfortunately it is against this forums rules to advise you on this , sorry that I can not be of more help , its not an expensive fix if you find someone experienced in these

Totally understand. It cost about £300 last time which makes me wonder if taking out boiler cover would be a cheaper option.

Pressure sensor?
Boiler guys are ten a penny.

Get one that is recommended. Ask your local independent plumbers merchants for a decent guy.

Sponsored Links
I know of 2 decent ones but having just finished a bit of building work and having a sudden issue with my roof, I am skint so was hoping for some good news....

Do you know exactly what was wrong with the fan?

Tony

I know of 2 decent ones but having just finished a bit of building work and having a sudden issue with my roof, I am skint so was hoping for some good news....
It's a Ferroli. The news is never good when it's a Ferroli...

The terms Frying pan and fire spring to mind here .....

OP, what you need is a heating engineer, who heals boilers and knows what he is doing. As said earlier 'heating engineers' are ten a penny but owns who know how to fix boilers are worth their weight in gold:whistle:

It is unlikely the fan is the issue, one needs to be in front of the boiler to look, check, diagnose and fix. Some find heating engineers in West of Scotland, but also some chancers who fix boilers by throwing parts at it.

I have a Feroli Modena 102 combi and last year it kept cutting out. Diagnosis was a faulty fan and possibly pressure sensor. The boiler guy showed me what was happening as when he fully screwed the casing on you could hear the boiler trying to suck air in around the seal. Both were replaced and all seemed ok.

A week or so ago it started making the sucking sound again but it isn't cutting out.
?????? new fan ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back