fan problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI
I'm not sure where this question goes but its powered by electricity so i'll try here.
I have a small fan in the ceiling of my bathroom,which comes on when you switch the toilet light on and goes off a minite after the light is switched off, i think the fan sucks up condentation when you run a bath.

The fan is working fine, except i can here a humming noise a while after its been off, anyone got a suggestion, i was gonna clean it inside,done this in the past over the years.

Cheers
WS

Sponsored Links
Do you mean it continues to run for a few minutes after you turn it off, or that the fan hums after it has stopped running?

Sponsored Links
If the fan is installed with a triple pole switch you should be able to isolate the permanent live supply as well as the switched live from the light switch. Turning this off will completely isolate the fan & if the humming stops, prove that it is the fan is probably beginning to fail. Even if you cannot completely isolate it, I would think that the humming is coming from the timer part of the fan & again probably has a limited life expectancy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back