Fault with Vaillant turboMAX boiler.

Did I fix it when it broke down?

Thats a very unusual situation, they usually break down every year!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Then there are the cousins and the second cousins! Not to mention the nieces and the half brothers etc!

I wounder how far you have to go through your family tree before you find a rare boiler like a Gem or a Geminox or even one of the last remaining Trisaves !

Tony

Also I forgot to tell you that my cousin sister has a ICI caldaie boiler, I don't think that this boiler is very common.

Sponsored Links
Most Pumas go through 3 or 4 PCBs in 10 years.

They are so likely to fail that we have about 20-30 in stock!

Tony

They are so likely to fail that we have about 20-30 in stock! Tony

Glad you can afford to do this :rolleyes:

I would have thought 3 or 4 at the most and replace as used would be financially more astute :eek:

I have no idea! But its quite likely if my guesses are correct.

One Puma I had been to had a recon PCB fitted and they were charged £250 and invoiced as a new PCB. ( We would only have charged £178 for fitting a new PCB ).

He took it up with the firm and they refunded the whole £250 without question! Probably frightened of being reported to trading standards.

The ICI boiler is pretty rare!

Tony

Thank you for answering all my questions, I am really very interested in boilers.

I asked my cousin how reliable this ICI boiler is and she told me it has never broken down since the installation 5 years ago but it does sometimes make noise as if someone is drilling the wall and the timer is tricky to set.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back