faulty lock on front door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a front door from a manufacturer called homesafe. This morning my wife heard a ping and now there is no spring in the door handles. I have removed the door handles and they are the non sprung type. There is a continuous metal strip along the edge of the door and I removed this but could not fully remove the lock because I couldn't get the barrel out.

I found a piece of broken metal within the lock, so it appears there was some form of spring mechanism on the spindle.

Firstly, how do i remove the lock barrel so i can remove the locking mechanism.

Secondly would it be a more viable option to try and get some replacement sprung handles rather than trying to replace the lock mechanism.

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
After taking the holding scew out of the barrel, you will have to put the key in and give it a turn while removing the barrel.
If something has broken inside the lock, to save further damage/problems (you don't know what's left in there) , might just be easier to change lock?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back