Fence for non-rectangular garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'd appreciate some advice on replacing an old rotten fence around a garden with a new one. The garden is on a slope and is wider at the top than the bottom so the corners are not square i.e 90 degrees. There is another complication in that one line of the fence is not straight but has a slight dog-leg in it.

I'd like to use concrete posts and gravel boards but don't know how easy it would be to build when the the garden isn't a neat rectangle. The concrete posts I've seen are made for a straight run or a regular 90 degree corner.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Steve

Sponsored Links
You can get away with slight non-90 degree corners with normal 90 degree posts and the same with intermediates. If the angle is too large you can use 2 posts at an angle next to each other.

You can see 3 examples here, the leftmost pair of posts and 2 of the ones to the right of them are not "standard" angles

View media item 64907

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back