Fence post and double slatted screen advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve erected an above fence screen using 75mm x 75mm posts which are 1.92m above ground with 50cm in postcrete. The panel is double slatted from Wickes and has been cut in half to provide more privacy along the length of the fence. They are fixed to the faces of the posts. My wife now wants this all the way along the fence. However I’ve got concerns about the sturdiness of the posts. I realise for that height I maybe should have used 100mm x 100mm posts but I didn’t want it encroaching too much and did think it was a tad overkill. However the posts do have some flex at the top. They do return to their original position and the bases are solid.
Is some degree of flex ok? Should i put some horizontal noggins between the 180cm span to help with rigidity? I may consider using 100mm x 75mm for further work.
BTW it’s a long story as to why I’ve erected this after we did plan on replacing the fence in case anyone was wondering
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 0A6E430D-3AC0-4A73-AB1D-DA456FF0F3AF.jpeg
    0A6E430D-3AC0-4A73-AB1D-DA456FF0F3AF.jpeg
    611.6 KB · Views: 117
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back