ferolli modena boiler issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone help please!!!

before i call an engineer!!!

Basically I've got a Ferroli Modena and it won't fire up properly. If I use the reset switch the boiler will fire up for about 10 seconds and then cut out however the boiler shutdown light DOES NOT come on. Throughout the day the boiler may then keep firing up and goes straight off.

There is no flashing lights indicating an issue so i dont know what to do!!!

Sponsored Links
Hi Liam

Sounds like you have a problem with the venturi and/or the test point in the fan, this is common with modena's.
Neither of these parts are more than a few quid to buy but MUST be fitted by a corgi registered engineer because you have to remove the combustion cover to access the fan.

Hi mate,

Thnaks for the reply, but I aint got a clue about anything like this, so can I order it myself? or best let them do it?

Leave it to a competent engineer mate. Its not that big a job, but needs to be done correctly.

Sponsored Links
I have just been told the venturi/ the test point in the fan has been checked and isnt faulty,

so any other ideas what it could be?

There are 2 'caps' on top of the boiler, 1 either side of the flue. Pull 1 of these out and see if the boiler fire's

ok mate,

i have just ordered two thermisters as i was directed to by a flow chart on the ferolli website. so i will let you know if it works

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back