Ferroli 77ff air pressure switch, correct pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ferroli 77ff GC No 47 267 04, which does not light up on hot water or heating. I have traced it to the air pressure switch which seems to be sticking. The new switch I put in does not work and is set at 47Pa, but the one I took out was set for 43Pa. I checked and cleaned the one taken out and tryed this again and it is now working o.k. Does anyone know what the correct one is, and would the 4 Pa make a difference. I have checked with other shops and the internet shops are 43Pa and the local dealers are 47Pa.

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
cant imagine it would make a difference.

this isnt the ferroli combi that is positive pressure is it? if so there is usually a whacking great hole in the backplate which stops the APS from working.

no i mean the backplate.

many positive pressure boilers will not operate if the backplate or anything else for that matter has a hole in it. even missing grommets can cause it.

ive seen a couple of positive ferrollis fail to light because of it. the boiler is then scrap.

Sponsored Links
i just checked, i think it is the positive pressure boiler. if you dont know what you are doing i would stop working on it now before you kill yourself and your family.

i just checked, i think it is the positive pressure boiler. if you dont know what you are doing i would stop working on it now before you kill yourself and your family.

Sorry for the delay in the reply, problems with server. I cleaned and checked that the switch on the old one 43Pa was working and put back on as the new one 47Pa was not giving any joy. The boiler is working fine at the moment, but I'm still at a loss as to why the new one did not work.

Thanks for the info

I cleaned and checked that the switch on the old one 43Pa was working and put back on as the new one 47Pa was not giving any joy. The boiler is working fine at the moment, but I'm still at a loss as to why the new one did not work.

Thanks for the info

I would assume that the new one was not working because it needs a higher pressure to make it operate.

That model hardly presents enough pressure to operate the switch anyway.

Washing the fan blades will almost certainly greatly improve the situation and possibly make the new switch operate.

However, its not recommended that any non- CORGi even opens the combustion chamber let alone fiddling with the APS or fan !

Tony

Sorry for the delay in the reply, problems with server. I cleaned and checked that the switch on the old one 43Pa was working and put back on as the new one 47Pa was not giving any joy. The boiler is working fine at the moment, but I'm still at a loss as to why the new one did not work.

Thanks for the info

i thought you hadn't replied because you actually had killed yourself.

I cleaned and checked that the switch on the old one 43Pa was working and put back on as the new one 47Pa was not giving any joy. The boiler is working fine at the moment, but I'm still at a loss as to why the new one did not work.

Thanks for the info

I would assume that the new one was not working because it needs a higher pressure to make it operate.

That model hardly presents enough pressure to operate the switch anyway.

Washing the fan blades will almost certainly greatly improve the situation and possibly make the new switch operate.

However, its not recommended that any non- CORGi even opens the combustion chamber let alone fiddling with the APS or fan !

Tony
Thanks for the concern, and now sufficiantly scared so as to put my hand in pocket and get someone in to sort out next time.

Your lucky to be able to have a next time. Positive pressure boilers are lethal and ,frankly,your are off you head to mess with it.

I would call someone in just to make sure it's safe or at the very least buy a Co alarm,a decent one :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back