FERROLI 901 PUMP GETTING HOT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an issue with my ferroli 901 short cycling , it fires up for approx 3 minutes , then shuts down , radiators seem fine, however water runs hot/warm , im assuming this is due to short cycling. i have changed the thermos on the copper pipes and the direct flow meter , ive been told its unlikely a heat transfer issue as not hard water area , ive released any air lock in pump and radiators , one thing i have noticed is that the pump is really hot , it is spinning freely , not too noisy either , pump is too hot too touch ,

Im assuming the pump isnt circulating properly although it does seem to be working, (unsure if its worth taking front of pump off to have a look) , causing very hot water and short cycling , however also short cycles when ch is on and not asking for hot water. Any ideas please. when CH comes on in morning sounds like someone has emptied a bucket of water into the boiler from a great height , not sure if this is relevant.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back