Old problem fixed ferroli 901 , new problem turns up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I know it needs chucking but I'm currently skint so I'm trying to drag it out.

My Ferroli 901 used to short cycle, now I don't know if I misunderstood short cycling but the water / heating used to turn off because the Thermistors were faulty, hot, cold, hot again.

I always thought short cycling was the call for heating / hot water to cut off but now I've got a further problem.

I've replaced the Thermistors and the call for hot water / heating now stays on without interruption, however now after approx 5 minutes ( DHW only not CH) the pilot light goes out, the heating will stay on all day if water isn't called for but the bath runs cold after 5 mins

So is that the actual definition of short cycling, the flame going into lock out?

Anyway, the problem with the 901 apart from it being s#ite is that you can't reduce the water temperature only the rad temp so If I'm assuming that the call for water is causing it to overheat I'm not sure what I can do about it.

Can anyone offer any suggestions, I know I need to get rid of it but as stated I'm currently Brassic, thanks.

Neil

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back