ferroli combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have a ferroli falcon combi boiler and every now and then the heating cuts off and i have to reset the boiler. can anyone help me with this problem please

Sponsored Links
How long boiler been installed, sounds like thermistor on way out,to test drain off enough water out boiler, isolate cold mains open up hot tap till drained swap dhw thermistor with ch thermistor , turn on mains then pressurize system see if it stays on,or run hot to see if cools.

OR you could just swap over the connections (wires) and see if it stays on

Good idea but dhw wires to short if you could get some small crocodile clips to extend to ch as ch wires long enough with a small pull just release small black clip restrictor.

Sponsored Links
shaka said:
Good idea but dhw wires to short if you could get some small crocodile clips to extend to ch as ch wires long enough with a small pull just release small black clip restrictor.
thanks guys the wires did reach and it worked so its the ch thermister going out big up guys i,m warm and its snowing down here.

swapped them round it was ok but then it shut off again, do you think it is both the thermisters need changing.

hi thanks for replying, i have replaced the thermisters and the boiler pressure is 1.5 bar, its starts up and runs ok then when it comes out of stanby sometimes it cuts off and i need to reset it, also the hot water temperature is very hot, even when set on low position,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back