Ferroli Falcon/Domina 2 - Really annoying fault. [VIDEO] Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The boiler is a Ferroli Falcon 2 (same as Domina I believe) and it works fine all summer but the problem is this.

Hot water works fine all summer without heating on.

If the heating is on the hot water won't fire up. Turn heating off and it works fine. Or press reset switch and hot water works fine. Tap the side of the control panel and it will will work fine. Also when the hot water is turned on while the heating is running it does switch from the heating light to the water on light, but just doesn't fire the boiler to heat the water. A tap on the control panel would suggest maybe a loose connection but this problem never happens if heating is off.

I have changed the thermistors recently.

Does anyone have any other suggestions I can try?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It might be a faulty PCB.

But that really needs a gas reg engineer to change it.

We don't give DIY advice on gas matters here!

Tony

It might be a faulty PCB.

But that really needs a gas reg engineer to change it.

We don't give DIY advice on gas matters here!

Tony
Can a engineer actually test that though? Im wary of getting someone in and going straight for an expensive board replacement when it works fine without any heating running and literally a 2 finger tap on the side and it fires up. Sadly my experience of any boiler engineer I have ever had out has always pretty negative and I have yet to find one I would ever get back in again. That's where my skepticism comes from.

Then call ferroli and ask for a fixed price repair, dont go throwing parts at this poor boiler the parts are very expensive

Sponsored Links
Well a new PCB will either fix the fault or it will not.

If it does not then you should not have to pay for parts which are not required to repair the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back