Ferroli Falcon - pump runs till DHW turned on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an old Ferroli Falcon in the family - not the Mark II. After sorting out a screwed up central heating program I fired up the boiler on central heating for a few seconds, then turned it off at which point I noticed the pump kept running - ok perhaps that is normal, but if I drew some DHW the pump stopped immediately. I was able to repeat this - but did not have time on the day to check this out further.

Does this sound correct - or does it sound like a problem?

The boiler functions perfectly on DHW but initially I had dificulty getting the CH to start. (perhaps my lack of familiarity with this system)

Also I cannot find a Manual for the old Falcon - only the Falcon II

I need to gen up a bit on this before I go back, unfortunately dear old Mum is 50 miles away and a bit confused - The Falcon II manual gives me a good start - is it essentially the same on the fault finding?
- or can someone help me with a manual for the older one?

Sponsored Links
All perfectly normal mate.

The pump doesn't run for dhw as its a dual pass heat exchanger.

Pump will overrun after heat demand to distrubute remaining heat from boiler.

Dave

PS. a modena 80/102 will give you pretty much same info as they are more or less the same boiler. Obviously check with Ferroli for gas pressures and part numbers etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back