Ferroli Modena 80 E main pcb (MF03F) replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like the main pcb needs replacing to cure a fault of continuous sparking once the burner is lit. Flame sensor and ignition leads and electrodes are ok. Does anyone know of any checks/adjustments that need to be made both before fitting, to avoid damaging the new board and afterwards to ensure the system operates correctly? There have been no alterations of the gas supply to the system. There is mention in the customer info pack of adjustments to CH output - P3 (is this only relevant at installation?) but not to ignition gas pressure - P4, which, looking at my current pcb, appears to have been been adjusted to a particular level.
Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Mick

Sponsored Links
when you replace the board,you will need to check ign pressure,min pressure,max on hw and then set the max for heating load,enjoy.

To fit the board no :LOL: To check the rest yes ,You would need to use a competent person.:) .

Sponsored Links
You would be better off going to Ferroli for a fixed price repair ,£220 or so I think.

This will inlcude the part too.

You would be better off going to Ferroli for a fixed price repair ,£220 or so I think.

Thanks. I didn't know about that option. I'll contact Ferroli tomorrow before I decide the best course of action.

Thanks. I didn't know about that option. I'll contact Ferroli tomorrow before I decide the best course of action.
Fixed price cost was as you said. I got hold of a pcb which, when fitted, cleared the sparking problem. All seems to work ok except for the need in CH operation to make 11 to 14 attempts with partial ignition before going to full burn. For DHW it fully ignites first time, every time. Does this suggest adjustment needing to be made to the P4 ignition gas pressure potentiometer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back