ferroli optimax he 26c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm getting a F05 fault and been trying to diagnose.....

Rang feroli and they've talked me through checking a few settings in the service menu, to which has not proven to work, this then leaves a replacement PCB....?

Seen re-conditioned ones one ebay for £60, although a bit apprehensive that'll it'd work.

I work with guys in electronics anyway so could easily re-solder a component if anyone was to know the fault??

Any ideas welcome......

Sponsored Links
Check your condense pipe work for blockages because the manu's won't tell you that if not could be fan or pcb so your best bet is to get someone to diagnose properly as it would be cheaper in the long run ,and no don't get that pcb also has safety checks need to be performed as this boiler leaks where carbon monoxide can leak without you realising with not being gas experienced , it's not all about soldering components :rolleyes:;), this boiler is a bag of shyte ;) anyway

No offence but almost every manufacturers fault finding chart/ tech help will lead you to suspect a pcb fault if you don't really know what your doing.

If it's A05 as Ian said, you will need a good, gas safe eng to look at it anyway.

Sponsored Links
Would not touch a reconned board with a barge pole. False economy.
For a start might not even be the PCB. Fault finding is an art that takes time to develop. It is not for the first time the technical help desk have got things wrong- they are there to give assistance but will not take responsibility if things do not work out.

The electronics on the PCB are quite complex. Even the boiler help desk people do not know how the PCB performs the tasks as these components are designed and made by third parties. Find it hard to believe how someone with soldering iron is going to recon and test a PCB that needs very expensive test gear as used by the PCB fabricators

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back